It has been a little over a month since the Supreme Court, acting as a "Super Senate", performed a nasty piece of judicial activism on the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA).
We cannot let this issue rest because gay “rights” provocateurs are never going to let up. The Hawaii State Senate is 18 to 7 in favor of Same Sex "Marriage" (SSM); support is not as strong in the State House.
We must not stop!
Remember what Edmund Burke, father of modern conservatism said, "All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to stand by and do nothing." Hawaii has stood its ground on this in the past. Remember, in 1998, a Hawaii Constitutional Amendment was passed preserving and codifying marriage as being between one man and one woman.
Remember this as well:
- Proponents of homosexual marriage are flat-out lying and being hypocritical about the U.S. Supreme Court case and what it means (which still leaves this matter to states). [See this insightful article from the Heritage Foundation: "Civility, Bullying and Same-Sex Marriage".]
- Some Hawaii Democrats used to support traditional marriage. Brian Schatz supported traditional marriage back in 1998 but has capitulated under pressure of his party and is now lying about it. Read latest Star-Advertiser article HERE. Recently elected Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard strongly supported traditional marriage (see link HERE), but has also flip-flopped and is now supported by Emily's List and other far-left special interest groups. Hypocritical? No, there is phony rationalization. State Senator from Ewa Beach Willie Espero supported traditional marriage once, especially since he is Catholic. Well, he threw his faith under the bus since his thinking on this subject has now "evolved" ("thank goodness times have changed", Espero exclaims). While you read his weak equivocations HERE, try not to be offended as he casts you in the same lot as racists, slave owners, misogynists, and plantation owners.
- Homosexual marriage is not desired by the vast majority of Hawaii residents (contrary to another big lie that is spread) and there is no reason to upend society; Hawaii has spoken overwhelmingly (69%) at the ballot box in favor of traditional marriage, and would do so again. See this chart on homosexual "marriage" passage (courtesy of the Heritage Foundation):
- Homosexual marriage is not even an option which will be exercised by a significant number or percentage of homosexuals (again, in the wake of protections afforded through recently enacted civil unions, why redefine a foundational pillar of human society. Remember, civil unions were supposed to be the compromise (another lie). Well, they are not letting up. What could be next? Well . . .)
- Religious Freedom WILL come under attack. So you don't think it'll happen here because an effete politician like Willie Espero allegedly promises a religious exemption and tries to assure us that "this will not be a problem in 10 years." (Another lie). Think again. Click HERE to look what is happening in England: using the courts to force churches to host gay weddings.
- Many more children will suffer as traditional marriage becomes more and more marginalized and mocked. One has only to look at the negative effects on children due to the institution of marriage being dismantled by liberal/progressive ideology. Single mothers, no fault divorce, cohabitation. What happens to children when their custodial parent brings in a live-in boyfriend or girlfriend, or strings of them? What message does that send? See this recent Honolulu Star-Advertiser article: "Single mothers swell caseload in Family Court"
- If we don't stick with one man / one woman as the definition of marriage, then no argument exists which will prevent the justification for homosexual marriage from being legally exploited by polygamists (swingers, polyamorous), bisexuals (3 people?), and more truly perverted arrangements. A 'polyamory' group already meets weekly at Oahu's Unitarian Church on the Pali Hwy. to pursue "alternatives to monogamy and the nuclear family". See this website: http://palipaths.org/. [WARNING: this site is not suitable for children or the workplace.] If you think they won't push for some form of government recognition . . . please think again.
HERE'S THE BOTTOM LINE: Those who are pushing for a special session to legalize gay marriage have no problem diminishing and mocking the value of traditional married couples while elevating fetish lifestyles as the new “normals”. That's the whole point.
THAT'S WHY YOU MUST TAKE ACTION TODAY.
Call Governor Abercrombie at 586-0034 or write to the governor by sending him a message online HERE and tell him not to push for a special session to approve same sex "marriage" in Hawaii. Serious time is needed to study the profound impacts to society, now and in the future. The people of Hawaii need to decide.
Please take action and also consider supporting the Hawaii Republican Assembly in this fight by becoming a member or making a donation. To learn more, please visit our website: www.HawaiiRepublicanAssembly.com. Thanks for being involved.
President - Hawaii Republican Assembly
Whether at home, on the road, or already at work, please be sure to have your radio tuned to KHVH News Radio 830 AM for the Rick Hamada Show tomorrow morning (August 7th) at 7:00 a.m. as HIRA President Tito Montes will once again be Rick's special guest for a lively discussion of current events and major local and national issues.